Navin was appointed as Head of Risk Management for Dubai CSD LLC in April 2020, as a result of Dubai Financial Market restructuring and segregating the post trade activities and the launch of the Dubai CSD.
Navin has a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) degree from the CFA Institute and Master degree in Finance from University of Mumbai. In addition, Navin has also obtained the Chartered Accountant degree from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Navin began his career with Deutsche Bank in Global Cash Operations department and was part of the Corporate Cash Management team. This was followed with spending couple of years working with National Stock Exchange (NSE) of India as part of Operations and Development team which was responsible for enhancing and implementing new processes in line with regulatory and business requirements across the Cash Equity and Derivatives Market. Prior to joining DFM, he was working as Director Operations for Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX) for over 10 years and was responsible for both Trading and Post Trade Operations. During his tenure with DGCX, he over saw the entire operations for the Exchange and the CCP including implementation of new products and services and managing various stakeholders like Members, Settlement Banks, Vaults, Warehouses and Regulators. He was a key member of the project team responsible for obtaining the ESMA CCP recognition for DGCX CCP under EMIR framework and complete enhancement and migration of the Exchange and CCP platform in 2013.
In his current role he is responsible for:
- Implementing a Risk Management program of the post trade services in line with regulatory framework and international standards.
- Advising management on matters related to the organization’s risk framework and draft and revise company policies in line with supporting regulatory framework.
- Coordinating with local and international regulators, members in the area of Risk related to CSD.
- Setting up the comprehensive CSD risk management framework in line with regulatory standards specially relating to margins and default framework
- Identifying of risks related to Post trade and advise how such risks can be effectively mitigated through reliable internal controls and monitor adherence to those controls in line with organizations objectives.