There are varying Foreign Ownership Limits (FOL) for companies listed on the DFM. The below table illustrates the maximum permitted ownership limit for listed securities. It also outlines the actual versus available limit to own or trade per group.
Investors who hold the same nationality as the “Country of Origin” of the symbol.
Investors who hold a GCC nationality, excluding investors from the “Country of Origin” of the symbol.
||All other nationalities.
Note: For companies where GCC Permitted ownership limit is Not Applicable (NA), the ownership of GCC citizens will show in the ownership columns of Foreigners.
||The maximum percentage of ownership allowed by the Company for the investors group.
||The owned quantity, unsettled trades. It also includes open buy orders between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
||Percentage available to own or allowed to trade (Permitted – Actual).
- Ownership percentage is subject to change based on several reasons including the following:
- Trading activity.
- Off-Market Transactions such as family and inheritance transfers.
- Changes in the nationality status of investors.
- Securities deposits and withdrawals to and from DFM for Dual listed companies.
- Capital increase by issuing new shares to a strategic investor.
- Converting Bonds into shares.
- Equity added to the equity of the associated group.
- Direct Deals.
- Percentages for the columns of Actual and Available are updated every two minutes during trading hours and every one hour after trading hours to reflect changes not associated with trading (if any).